- Bioinformatician, iCAN Digital Precision Cancer Medicine project for molecular tumor board reporting – apply by March 15, 2023!
- iCAN data analyst position currently open at HUS – deadline March 13, 2023!
Please, see the English summary of the HUS call (only in Finnish) below. Scroll down for the English directions how to submit application.
HUS IT Management is looking for a data analyst acting as an expert of HUS datasets at iCAN for a fixed-term employment contract for the period from 20.3.2023 to 31.12.2026.
An integral part of the iCAN project is the development of the iCAN Discovery Platform to store, integrate and analyze precision cancer medicine data. On the platform, we will be developing tools that efficiently use this data in research with the help of state-of-the-art methods in artificial intelligence and machine learning. This way we aim to reach a new level in understanding the cross-talk between the tumor and the host. Our research projects leverage the iCAN Discovery Platform to identify new, actionable targets and solutions for diagnosing and treating cancer.
As a data analyst you will be working as one of the 16 experts in the AI and Analytics unit at the Development and Planning Services of the HUS IT Management and act as an expert of HUS datasets at iCAN. You will delve into the content and application possibilities of clinical data, perform data extractions from different source systems, develop project data models and data processing methods with research approach.
- M.D. or MSc degree in a relevant field
- Experience in processing and editing large datasets, and understanding of the principles of various databases (e.g. relational databases)
- Programming skills (e.g. Python, Scala, SQL, Spark, PySpark)
- Self-management skills, aptitude for learning, and initiative
- Ability to withstand pressure and prioritize, as well as flexibility
- Good team and project working skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
In addition we value
- Experience of working in a research group and/or researcher training
- Experience of working in healthcare and knowledge of healthcare terminology and datasets, especially related to cancer
- Experience in processing and analyzing large datasets and/or text mining
- Experience in processing and analyzing imaging data (for example, radiology and histopathology)
- Experience or know-how in data processing and/or information modeling.
We offer you an independent and responsible job, flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely, and friendly and supportive working culture.
A security clearance vetting may be conducted with the consent of the applicant (Security Clearance Act 726/2014).
The salary is 4 040,99€/month and possible experience and other bonuses.
The starting date is March 20, 2023 or as negotiated. The position may be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information on the iCAN platform, please contact Dr. Esa Pitkänen (email@example.com) – on the position, contact Miika Leminen, Head of AI and Analytics, Helsinki University Hospital (firstname.lastname@example.org/ +358 40 188 3457).
Applications are submitted via HUS recruitment system
i) To apply go to HUS call (only in Finnish) and click “Hae nyt”.
ii) In upcoming window fill in your email in the field “Sähköpostiosoite”. Check “Hyväksyn ehdot” and click “Seuraava”.
iii) check your email and fill in confirmation code provided in email from HUS-noreply
iv) “Hakemuksen kysymykset”, the questions are
Can we contact you when filling other positions? (Yes/no)
“Hakemuskirje” = Application letter, fill “xx”
“Sähköinen tiedoksianto valinnasta”, fill “Kyllä…” if you can be informed about the decision by email.
Into field “Mitä kautta kuulit työpaikasta? (how did you hear about the call) choose any option.
Into field “Oletko aikaisemmin työskennellyt HUSissa? ” fill ”Ei” if you have not been employed by HUS previously; “Kyllä” if you have been.
“Milloin voit aloittaa?” (When can you start?) fill the date.
“Työ- ja opiskeluhistoria” (Work history and education) is optional.
Click “Lisää kieli” and add the languages you read/write/speak/mother tongue. Click “Valmis”.
Click “LATAA ANSIOLUETTELO”, select your CV from your computer and upload.
Click “LISÄÄ SAATEKIRJE”, select your Cover Letter from your computer and upload.
Yhteystiedot: “Etunimi” fill your given name; into field “Sukunimi” fill your family name; into field “Kutsumanimi” fill the name you go by (required..);
Into field “Anna sähköpostisoite uudelleen ” fill your email again;
“Sähköinen allekirjoitus” = electronic signature
Into field “Koko nimi ”, choose your name and email address.
Click “Lähetä” to submit application
Join our dynamic, vibrant, and highly motivated international team!